True Change Ministries

True Change Ministries

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Reckless Love

I am a huge music lover. I can’t sing and I cant play an instrument but I love to listen to music. I have commented on here a few times about how we must listen for that “little voice” that may be God trying to get our attention. I feel that He uses music to reach out and speak to me. With that being said, a lot of my blogs will probably be music based.

I got into my vehicle on Monday to travel somewhere, and Cory Asbury’s Reckless Love came on the radio. I traveled to my destination and when I got back into my car to leave, that very song was playing on the radio. Long story short, everywhere that I went in my vehicle this week, that song played on the radio.

Fast forward to Sunday; I left work that morning to go to my second job and the song played again. I listened to my church's sermon on Facebook live, because I wasn’t able to attend due to work, and the last worship song was Reckless Love.
I was packing my vehicle to go home this morning when the song came on again. I reached out to my brother the day before to ask him what he thought about what this whole weeks events meant. Without giving him the time to answer, I told him I would look up the meaning to the song.
I found the meaning from Cory himself:

“He is utterly unconcerned with the consequences of his actions with regards to his own safety, comfort, and well-being. His love bankrupted heaven for you. His love doesn’t consider himself first, and it isn’t selfish or self-serving. He doesn’t wonder what he’ll gain or lose by putting himself out there. He simply gives himself away on the off-chance that one of us might look back at him and offer ourselves in return.” “His love leaves the ninety-nine, to find the one, every time. What if he loses the ninety-nine trying to find that one lost sheep? What if, finding that one lost sheep
is, and will always be, supremely important?”

After reading his explanation, I knew immediately what God was trying to say to me. I have been having an issue, not with showing my faith in God, but showing my love for God. Just like He has reckless love for us, and just like Cory says, “He hopes that we will offer ourselves in return”. I should have reckless love for Him. Don’t worry about what could happen to us by loving him, but what HE gets out of US loving him. That even though I mess up, when I reach out to him, he will leave the ninety-nine to find the one. WE (everyone in this world) are the one that he will leave the ninety-nine to find. We are that one lost sheep that he wants to return home.

You see to our Heavenly Father, each and everyone of us, no matter what we've done or where we've been, mean everything to Him. He doesn't wish for anyone to stay lost, and He will go to the ends of the Earth to retrieve just one; that one is you.

Luke 15: 4-7 What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety- nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has
found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.