True Change Ministries

True Change Ministries

Monday, February 6, 2017

What it means to be a True Christian Part 2

I was raised in church and at a young age like so many of us do I accepted Christ into my heart and asked for forgiveness. Even with as much of the scriptures I was taught growing up, I didn't have a true grasp on what this meant. Like so many people we grow up and grow away from the church and from Christ. We are taught the stories, taught to be good, and what is right and wrong. But we really aren't taught what it means to be a true disciple.

Luke 4:43- Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God"

This verse holds deep meaning for what a Christian should be. If we've truly confessed our sins and have been transformed by Christ's saving grace we shouldn't look back. We can't put our hands to the job of doing the Father's will if we continue to look back at the desires of this world. Just as Lot's wife didn't have true faith in God and tried to turn back to the world and was destroyed, so will we today.

Psalm 139:12- Even the darkness is not dark to you. And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and Light are alike to you.

In an ever growing evil world we can't allow what's dark to become light. Our perception of what's dark and light, right and wrong, have been severely blurred. Worldly desires can not be mixed with the Christian faith.

2 Corinthians 6;14- Do not be bound together with worldly pursuits; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Am I saying that you will never fall and sin as a Christian, of course not, But you will begin to find that some of the worldly things you used to take part in become less and less of a desire. Instead of willfully sinning you will  continue to grow in the ability to buffer yourself from sinning.

Matthew 7:21-23- "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?" And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

There are so many people going thru life playing the outwardly role of a Christian, but their heart is far from him. Works without repentance is useless, and the fruit that bears from this is rotten; and will continue to spoil all that is around it.

In my Monday morning meeting today a good verse was shared that paints a good picture of a true Christian.
Psalm 118:27- Jehovah is God, and he hath given us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.
Jesus was that sacrifice given up so all mankind could be saved. I look at this verse and a few things come to me.
            1. If you were bound to the horns of a bull, you would not only follow him wherever he went but your life and well being would be tied to him. So as with Christ; if you bind yourself to Christ, then his will for you and your life will follow closely with him always.

             2. A sacrifice was brought to the altar to atone for one's sins. In the same manner if we sacrifice daily ( die to ourselves daily), and bind that sacrifice to the head of the altar(Christ), then nothing we do can fail.

I read in a commentary how going into the temple and grasping the horns of the altar was a sign of you saying you were not guilty of a crime.

In Psalm 18:2 it says- The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Wow how amazing is that representation. It says the Lord is the horn; guiltless, that took on the sin of the world and was bound to the altar and sacrificed for all mankind. Just Amazing how scripture tells a story within a story, within a story.

UPDATE!!! 
A lady who's child goes to the preschool where I work brought this donation in the other day:
32-Coats
10-Bookbags
4-Blankets
Praise God Thank You So Much!

May you be Blessed with Peace and Understanding