True Change Ministries

True Change Ministries

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

The Seven Words Of Praise: BARAUCH

Barauch is translated "to kneel or bow as an act of adoration." In other words, we kneel or bow as an expression of our fervent and devoted love for the Father.

When we kneel or bow we are humbling ourselves. James 4:6-7 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. When we humble ourselves we are submitting. To submit is to humble ourselves. 1 Peter 5:5-7 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,“God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
To humble myself is to cast all my cares upon the Father. To submit all my concerns to Him. Trusting that He will work out all things for good. Barauch then, is to express an attitude of love, submission and trust through the act of kneeling or bowing.

King David exemplified Barauch when he wanted to build the temple. Read I Chronicles 28:1-29:20. In 28:2 he said "...I had it in my heart.. and had made preparations to build it.." Again in 29:2 he said "...I have prepared with all my might..." Verse 3, "...I have set my affection on..." These statements express his love towards the Father. When God told him, "you shall not build a house for My name...," David submitted and gave the plans to Solomon whom God had chosen for this work. I Chr. 28:3,6,10-1. Next David showed his absolute trust in God when he spoke to Solomon and said"'Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God - my God -will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord." I Chr. 28:20.

Then "David blessed (barauch) the Lord before all the assembly..." and ended his prayer by saying, "now bless (barauch) the Lord your God. So all the assembly blessed (barauch) the Lord God of there fathers, and bowed their heads and prostrated themselves before the Lord and the king." I Chr. 29:10-20. Another example is found in Genesis 24; 1-52 where the servant of Abraham sought a wife for Isaac. We see the love of the servant expressed in verses 26, 27, 48, 52. The word BLESSED in verses 27 and 48 is barauch. The servant's submission to his master Abraham was his submission to the will and purpose of God. Finally, we observe the servant's trust in that he PRAYED(12-14).

In the Psalms we are instructed to BLESS (Barauch) the Father: At all times Ps. 34:1, As Long as we Live Ps. 63:4, From Day to Day Ps. 96:2, From this time forth and forever Ps. 145:1,2, At night in the house of the Lord Ps. 134:1, Forever and ever, every day Ps. 115:18.
We are to grow and mature to the point that we continually give praise to the Father in every area of our life. We are to live a lifestyle of Barauch.

When we kneel or bow we are expressing our love, submission and trust to the Father. However, we cannot live life on our knees. But, we can demonstrate a lifestyle of Barauch through love for one another --- John 13:34. By being submissive to one another--- I Peter 5:5. By having a steadfast heart, trusting in the Lord ---Ps. 112:7; Prov. 3:5,6

  "...inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me." Mt. 25;37-40