True Change Ministries

True Change Ministries

Monday, April 9, 2018

God Has A Purpose For Us All: A Tribute To A Brother

 For those of you who know me, know that I have lost a dear friend this past week. If it has taught me anything, it has taught me that life is shorter than we think it really is. "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." (James 4:14)

     We were really close in high school and in the military. You could say we were like brothers. As we got older and life got in the way, we drifted apart. He was going through a rough patch in life and I was unaware. I only wish that I was around to help him out through those hard times, as I am sure it was much needed. I guess it really is true what they say, "you never know how much you will miss someone until they are gone".

     A family member once said, "some are bound to die young. By dying young a person stays young in people's memories. If he burns brightly before he dies, his brightness shines for all time". This is true as I only remember times where he had a smile on his face and put smiles on other's. I remember and will always remember him shining as bright as the glory of god shines through our sun everyday.

Though his time was short with us on Earth, I must assume that God was finished with his purpose and use for him, and that He was ready for him to return home. God has a purpose for each and everyone of us as we spend time here on earth. When that purpose has been fulfilled, He will return us to the kingdom. If we understand this, when the time comes for us to lose one close to us, it will be easier to understand that it is not a time to mourn, but a time to rejoice and celebrate their life here on Earth with us, and that they have made it back home to our Heavenly Father.

Rest In Peace my brother and I am sure that I will see you again some day.

Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that you have fulfilled your purpose with our dear friend as you have called him back home.  We ask that you look over us (friends and family) as he is laid to rest. For you know as well as we do that he was a blessing to have and will be greatly missed. We pray that we will be together some day. In your name we pray, Amen.