True Change Ministries

True Change Ministries

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ask and Ye Shall Receive:Or Click Amen and Win Instantly

John 14:14 "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

In a society where people want their every want and desire filled yesterday; people tend to be easily influenced by someone that seems to be able to make that happen. Those people who will twist wording and scripture around to take advantage of people when they are in a bad place.

Take the opening verse for example; when taken out of context a convincing speaker could make you think just by asking in Christ's name you can have anything you want. But when you put it together with the corresponding words of Christ it says, "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Whatever is asked in his name that will glorify the Father he will do it. The key word here is to glorify the Father not to fill your desire. When you need something and you pray in his name he will provide. It may not be when you want, or how you thought it would come, but he will provide.

Matthew 6:26-34 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Satan preys on you when your at your weakest. Easily manipulated, easy to control, and easy to follow a wolf. And believe me there are many wolves out there; and most are shining like a golden chalice beckoning you to come and take a sip. Christ always said the way to distinguish between a wolf and a sheep is by the fruit they produce. Some wolves are so convincing they may seem like they are doing a great good. A Pastor's focus must be walking as Christ did and helping those that can't help themselves.

I will say I am guilty of asking God to just let me win the lottery; we probably all are. Of course I said I would pay off all my family's debt and help others, but I was still thinking of a big family vacation, and yes I'm ashamed to say, my own Lego DeathStar. Even with doing some good with the money I would win, I was still focused on my wants; not my needs. 

Just as Christ told the rich man in Mark 10:21-22, And Jesus looking upon him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But his countenance fell at the saying, and he went away sorrowful: for he was one that had great possessions. 
There is enough money and resources to eradicate homelessness and poverty 100 times over. But the currency of this world is Greed and it's motto is whatever pleases self.

My point is be careful; as Christ said," Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves."

When you find yourself hurting, defeated, and alone turn to Christ. Not the God of type Amen and you will receive a blessing tomorrow. Not the God of "Send me your money and God will bless you!" Not the God of "Just ask for what you want in Jesus name and you will get it because God wouldn't want you to not be happy." 

Turn to the God of the Bible, to the God of compassion and love, to the God of forgiveness and salvation.  To the God that won't give you your every desire but will supply you with all you need.

Let Christ into your heart. Begin to walk in his footsteps and love and care for the helpless around you. Put other's needs above your own. Know that your true reward is not here; but it's in your home where Christ resides and abundantly takes care of those who show his love and light to others.

Colossians 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Acts 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

May You Be Blessed With Peace and Understanding